Sunday 19 June 2011

Harsh Yet Abrasive

Being that today is Father’s Day I thought id show you a video that my sister and I found a few years ago that we found perfectly explained our dad. Ok well maybe not perfectly, we had to change a few of the words, as you can see from the lyrics I have put in below. Like the girls in One More Girl, we really do appreciate all that thinks my dad has done for us and mean this all in fun! Thanks dad and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads in the agriculture industry!


Harsh Yet Abrasive

I watched him pack his bags today, he’s goin’ on the road
A full complement of underwear (and a dinosour) completes his heavy load
He’s fussin’ and he’s fuming, he’s done his idiot check
He’s the cock of our little walk, we salute as he exits

CHORUS:
He’s harsh yet abrasive, that’s our dad
He might scream and yell a lot but he’s still mad
Efficiency is everything
Every castle needs a king
He’s harsh yet abrasive, that’s our dad

He leaves the house at ten a.m. to catch his 11 o clock flight
Just drive a little faster - that’s his motto, am I right?
Leave no time for incidents - a flood, a war, a quake
And don’t forget those assholes on the road, over  use their brakes

CHORUS

When he gets home there’s lingerie strewn out on the floor
There’s oneless cat and one less bull he can adore
My sister’s got him all worked up ‘bout how many boys she’s kissed
And my boyfriend drank up all his Crown Royal  and now he’s pissed

CHORUS

I guess I’ve talked a lot of smack about my dear old man
But I know he really truly does the very best he can
I know I got my chops from him and my sense of right and wrong
And a little bit of temper too but that’s another song

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment