Wednesday 25 May 2011

When I Grow Up



Even as a kid I loved being involved in agriculture, everything from riding in the tractor with my grandpa to walking through fields with my dad. My grandma always tell the story when I was 4 years old of me getting a hand full of seeds from my dad and planting them in her flower garden, cause everything grows best there! She also enjoys tell the stories of me walking around the farm saying “when I grow up I want to be a famer.”
Well since then not a whole lot has changed. Well except the fact that I have now learned to say my “r’s” and have been banded from growing anything except flowers in my grandmas garden( there was an incident with barley taking over the garden, my bad) but other than that I still enjoy the simple things about farm life. Things like looking into a field and seeing happy, fat cows, walking through fields with my dad and seeing small seeds grow into tall corn plants, riding in the tractor with my grandpa and watching baby calves learn how to finally run and play without falling down. Even though things have changed a little from the time I was 4 and farm life has become a little more chaotic, I can still honestly say, “When I grow up I want to be a farmer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment